Posts for category: Uncategorized
Summer is here and that means warm weather, sunny days, and lots of time spent outside. For our hearing aids summer can present some problems. Here are a few tips to help keep your hearing aids safe and functional this summer.
- Keep your hearing aids in a protective case and out of direct sunlight when you are not wearing them. This will help to ensure that they don’t melt!
- Moisture is one of your hearing aid’s worst enemies. Sweat and water can affect the small parts inside your hearing aid so avoid storing hearing aids in humid places such as in glove boxes, dashboards, or other environments where heat and moisture can build up.
- Sunscreen has oils that can damage hearing aids, so apply lotions or sprays completely before putting on your hearing aids.
- Remove your hearing aids before showering, swimming or any activity in which you will be or could be exposed to water. In order for your hearing aids to work to their full potential they need to be moisture free.
- At night, open the battery door to allow dry, fresh air to move through the hearing aid and relieve moisture.
- Invest in a dehumidifier/dryer for your hearing aids to be stored in during the night. This will help ensure your hearing aids are working properly and could help extend the life of your hearing aids.
Follow our tips above for a worry-free summer that’s full of sounds and sunshine. Have questions about how to care for your hearing aids? Contact our office for an appointment with our Audiologist who can help make sure you are hearing well during your summer travels.